Out of sight out of mind; this is the attitude most homeowners have when it comes to the basement. Well, with increasing cost of real estate, you might find yourself looking to maximize the use of your home. One way to do this is by remodeling your basement. A basement remodeling Denver contractor will help you revolutionize your living space by renovating the otherwise forgotten basement.
Why Remodel the Basement?
A remodeled basement can be used as a games room, guest room, kids’ area, study or an extra bedroom for your grown up kids. The opportunities are limitless but to usefully utilize this space, you need to leverage the expertise of a reputable contractor. Remodeling also involves waterproofing and this helps protect you home against further water damage.
Through waterproofing, you will also prevent toxic mold growth. The fact that over 60% of the air you breathe indoors comes from below the main floor makes basement remodeling critical. You will not only get more space, but your family will enjoy better indoor air quality (IAQ).
What to expect From a Basement Contractor
Your basement remodeling Denver, CO contractor has the right equipment and prerequisite skills to get the job done. Basement remodeling is not a DIY project because you don’t have the right tools and skills. These experts also understand the building code. If an egress window is required under the code, they will advise you accordingly. Your contractor also understands the safety requirements especially in handling mold growth on the walls.
Here are some of the services provided by a basement remodeling Denver contractor:
- Floor plan design: If your design involves removal or building of new walls, your contractor will do so while considering the strength of the entire structure.
- Waterproofing: Neglected basements suffer from water leaks and this can affect the strength of your home’s foundation. What’s more, the occupants of your home will be prone to respiratory illnesses caused by mold and high humidity. There is a variety of waterproofing systems to choose from depending on the nature of your home.
- Lighting: You can add an egress window in your basement to allow in natural light and save on lighting. Your contractor will also install light fixtures and propose lighting ideas to revolutionize the basement.
- Electrical and plumbing work: During the basement remodeling, you might be forced to move the existing plumbing and power lines. Your contractor has the tools and expertise to do this while also installing any new fittings.
- Painting and décor: To give your basement a new look, your contractor will paint it and install wall coverings that you want.
These experts also work on your floor, bathroom/sauna installation and any other service that will give your basement a new look. Talk to your basement remodeling Denver, CO contractor and transform your living space today.